Welcome to Rowan at Home, our new series to give you a glimpse into Rowan University, our campus culture, and the lives of our students, while we’re practicing social distancing to protect society from the spread of COVID-19. Today’s story is from Devon Graf, a senior communications studies major self-distancing from her house in Camden County, NJ. Devon joined the Rowan Blog team to wrap up her remaining internship hours, after her internship with Enchanted Celebrations was cut short prematurely due to COVID-19 affecting business.
Looking for something to liven up your day? I’m here to introduce you to our very special celebs of the week, Prof Pets! During these hard times it may be difficult to find a little positivity … these pets will be sure to brighten your day up.
- Athena – Athena is a two year old mixed pit bull. She was rescued from a shelter in Camden, after she was abused by her previous owners. She, along with her mother and father, brothers and sisters got separated at the pound. Athena found her “fur”ever home with Nikki Schaefer, a senior student at Rowan. Athena likes to play with her friends, cuddle and go for long walks, she is the most loving, gentle dog that just wants to be loved. We love you Athena!
- Heidi – Our Heidi girl coming in famous here! Heidi is my own pup. I love her so much. Heidi is a two and a half year old rambunctious female lab. Boy, is this a crazy dog! I was surprised with Heidi on Christmas Eve by my mom and dad. They adopted her from Lancaster, PA. Heidi is the most fun loving dog around … and FULL of energy. Labs are a very smart breed, and she learns very quickly. Heidi loves to play ball in the backyard, and when you say “dog park” this dog jumps in joy. Heidi loves the dog park, she’s a super sociable dog that will play forever, I notice Heidi loves to steal fruit snacks, eat your left over cereal, and steal your socks.
- Bella – Bella babe is a super favorite over here. She was rescued from a neighbor back home in Freehold, NJ, by Madelyn. Bella is about two years old and she loves to cuddle and be around people.
- Molly & Carson – Molly is a 9 year old loving dog who love was a rescue. Jenna Broadbent (a Rowan education major) loves to hangout with Molly all the time. Molly has a brother, Carson, who is another rescue who is 3 years old.
- Next up we have Madelyn Buckingham’s rescue pups! They are both puppy mill rescues and survivors. The furry brown one is the youngest and her favorite thing to do is be held and rocked. The older lab mix has an adorable obsession with gummy bears… (Me too).
- Sophie – Sophie was born on December 29, 2018 in Alabama. She’s just over one year old. She enjoys playing fetch and loves healthy snacks like spinach and green beans … (I wish I loved them as much as Sophie!). She also loves the beach and to snuggle. Sophie has her own Instagram for you to follow! @Sophiethebmd
- Korona – A big shout out to Syndie Kinsler on her cute six year old cattle dog chow mix. She enjoys kayaking, hiking, swimming and being out in the woods with horses. She is a very loyal and loving dog who loves to cuddle!
- Gabriella Snookie – Brandon Clement and his mother chose Gabby from an Amish farm 10 years ago. She was completely black with a brown bottom. She stared at Brandon and his mother and completely fell in love! It was like they were all soulmates. She was the last pup out of the litter. When Gabby turned 8 months they got her to be a service dog and become licensed and fully trained with the state. Amazing! She can sense when Brandon’s mother is suffering from anxiety. She was a god send!
- Last up, we have Kourtey Clyde’s pup, Baxter. His birthday is April 4, and he was born in Tennessee. He loves carrots and to play fetch. He can’t sleep unless he is laying on his back.
Like what you see?
Story and photography by:
Devon Graf, Senior Communication Studies Major
Photography submitted in by Rowan students