Freshmen usually aren’t given a full kitchen in college (which I think is for the best), but that doesn’t mean they aren’t able to cook anything. Check out these microwave hacks I wish I had when relying on a microfridge to eat.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp shredded cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- Spray mug with cooking spray, add eggs and milk, and whisk.
- Microwave for 45 sec, stir, microwave again until eggs are set.
- Throw in toppings (cheese, salt, pepper, herbs, tomatoes or spinach).
Mac & Cheese:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of elbow macaroni
- 1/2 of cheese (your preference)
- Pour macaroni and water into mug.
- Microwave on high for 8 min. (it helps to pause, and stir your macaroni at 4 min.),
- Add cheese into mug. Microwave again for 30-60 sec (until cheese is fully melted).
- Stir and enjoy!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt butter in mug (about 30 sec).
- Coat mug with melted butter.
- Whisk egg in separate mug or bowl, add cinnamon and vanilla extract, then stir.
- Tear bread into bite sizes and coat bread with egg mixture.
- Microwave for 30 sec at a time, until egg is cooked through (usually takes 90 sec).
- Add syrup if you like and enjoy!!
Like what you see? Come visit us!
Enter for a chance to win a Rowan t-shirt! Email RowanBlog [at] rowan.edu with the date and time of your upcoming campus tour … we may just email you that we’re going to surprise you while you’re visiting!
Story and photography by:
Alyssa Bauer, junior public relations major