Chef Alyssa gives you the scoop on what’s cookin’ in her apartment…
Who needs to go out for Taco Tuesday when you can host one instead? No need to feel intimated or overwhelmed when cooking with your friends because if the end result is bad, you’re all to blame!
• 4-6 chicken cutlets
• 1 taco seasoning packet
• 1 avocado
• 1 tomato
• Tortilla taco shell
• Romaine lettuce
• ¼ cup of diced red onion
• ½ lemon
1. Find friends and invite them over.
2. Heat a nonstick pan over a medium heat.
3. Place seasoned chicken cutlets onto the pan and let each side cook for about 4-5 mins per side (internal temp for chicken should be
165 degrees), until you see the bottom lightly browning.
4. Read and follow the taco seasoning directions. Once chicken is almost ready, lower the heat and add in the taco seasoning.
5. While the chicken is saturating in the taco mix, dice your tomato and onion, and throw them into a bowl.
6. Chop your lettuce and throw that into a separate bowl.
7. Mash up your avocado into a different bowl, squeeze lemon into the bowl, season with salt and pepper (if you’re feeling fancy, add cilantro).
8. Place chicken into a secluded bowl.
9. Set your table with the food, fill your taco, and dig in!
10. Make your friends do the dishes, since you cooked the entire meal.
Like what you see? Come visit us!
Enter for a chance to win a Rowan t-shirt! Email RowanBlog [at] rowan.edu with the date and time of your upcoming campus tour … we may just email you that we’re going to surprise you while you’re visiting!
Story and photos by:
Alyssa Bauer, junior public relations major