As a Facebook junkie, I’m constantly sharing food videos in hopes of one day making these scrumptious meals. It never seems to happen … however, I came across a Tasty video of seven dorm friendly meals you can make right in the microwave! I knew the information had to be passed along …
- Throw macaroni, a half a cup of water and a pinch of salt into a mug and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add a splash of milk, drizzle some cheese on top, a little bit of pepper, and microwave for 30 more seconds to have the quickest and most delicious mac and cheese a dorm microwave could provide.
- Grab a mug and crack two eggs into it, add some cut up peppers, diced ham, and a little bit of spinach. Mix in salt, pepper, and stir all together. Microwave for 2-3 minutes for a quick omelet in a mug.
- Put 2 tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute. Add a couple of chicken strips and sliced peppers in a bowl with taco seasoning and stir. Microwave for 1 minute. Pour the combination on the tortillas, add shredded cheese and place the other tortilla on top. Microwave for 1 minute to make tasty quesadillas.
- Poke a hole into a potato and drizzle oil, salt and pepper on top. Put the potato and two pieces of bacon on a plate and microwave for 7-9 minutes. Cut open the potato and drizzle shredded cheese on top, microwave for 30 seconds. Add sour creme and break up the bacon for bits to top off this delicious baked potato.
- Get a cup of rotisserie chicken and 3 tablespoons of bbq sauce. Mix in a bowl and pour on top of tortilla chips. Add cheese, salsa and onions, microwave for 2-3 minutes for bbq chicken nachos.
- Cut open a spaghetti squash and scoop out the insides. Add oil, salt and pepper and microwave for 10-15 minutes. Pick at the sides with a fork to create spaghetti strings. Put some frozen meatballs and pasta sauce in a bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Add the cooked meatballs on your spaghetti squash for a tasty dinner.
- Add a half a cup of rice and a cup of water into a bowl. Add a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil and two strips of bacon. Stir together and microwave (covered) for 6-8 minutes. Add frozen peas and carrots into the bowl. Grab a mug and crack two eggs into it with some salt. Microwave for 1 minute, crush up the egg and add it into the bowl for egg fried rice.
Story organized by:
Junior public relations major and advertising minor